Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A 'Real' Job

As I sit here in my room at home, I think of how everyone my age always talks of having a "real" job. At this point in my life, I can openly admit that I don't want to work at a fast food restaurant, or a job that can be found in your local mall. I want a job that is going to challenge me in the things that I have learned at school and also, just something that will give me experience in the field. So with that said, I have looked at the different turns that Journalism has taken in the past couple of years.
There really isn't a lot of truly defined journalistic jobs open to a college graduate anymore. There are things like this, blogs, that have taken a role in being the outlet for news. There is the internet that does the exact same thing. I can even admit that as a journalism student, I don't enjoy watching the nightly news because it seems to only have negative stories in the headlines. So, where does that leave me...looking for a real job?
That was just one of the thoughts that I had as I sit here and wait on call backs from Internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment